Recipes | Monterey Chicken at Chili's Restaurant

Have you guys ever had the Monterey Chicken at Chili's restaurant? Chicken, cheese, bacon, BBQ sauce, side of mashed potatoes with gravy...mmmmmmmmmmm...oh, and broccoli...gotta have a healthy (albeit butter-slathered) side dish to make it colorful, right?
Have you ever looked at the calories for the Monterey Chicken at Chili's restaurant? About 890 calories for the meal.
Holy moley. Now, in comparison to SOME meals you can get at pretty much most of the chain restaurants, this one is probably at the low end of high...you get me? But still...do I want to waste 1/2 of my daily calories on one meal? Uh, Hells to the No.
SOoooo, I set out to redeem this little guy so he's not feeling so unloved after I shared his unhealthy dirty little secret...oh, sure, you disguise yourself as a relatively healthy option like chicken, but I'm onto you, Mr.

I have to say, I feel like I did him justice. AND, I was able to find another reason to add roasted cherry tomatoes to a dish...man, I'm digging these things!

Recipes | Monterey Chicken at Chili's Restaurant

Ingredients:
2 - boneless skinless chicken breast
3tsp McCormick Grillmates Smokehouse Maple Seasoning (or another seasoning of your choice)
2 T of your favorite BBQ sauce (I used Sticky Fingers Memphis)
1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar or colby jack cheese
1 cup roasted cherry tomatoes - homemade, check out the link above!
2 T Real Oscar Meyer Uncured Bacon Bits

Preparation:
Preheat your grill or grill pan to med/high.

Season both sides of the chicken with seasoning.

When grill is ready, place the seasoned chicken on and grill for about 7 minutes.  Before flipping, pour some BBQ sauce on top, then flip for an additional 6-7 minutes or internal temp reaches 165 degrees.

When chicken is almost done, pour BBQ sauce on the top again.

Recipes | Monterey Chicken at Chili's Restaurant


Sprinkle the Bacon Bits on top of each breast.


Recipes | Monterey Chicken at Chili's Restaurant


Then add the cheese and roasted tomatoes and let the cheese melt.

Recipes | Monterey Chicken at Chili's Restaurant


Remove from grill and gobble it up!

This version saves so many more calories!

Nutrition:
Serves 2
Calories 271 / Carbs 12g / Fat 12g / Protein 31g / Fiber 1g / Sodium 1464mg
Recipes | Monterey Chicken at Chili's Restaurant | Unknown | 5

0 komentar:

Post a Comment